Monday, April 14, 2014

Steam Train

I heard a train they always call something deep within me. Perhaps this leads back to my time in my childhood sleeping over my Uncle's who lived across from the train depot in Claremont Junction, NH.  I fell asleep and felt from afar in my the alpha beta stage of dreaming the train move closer the shake and vibrations rumble stronger till it was across the road from where I laid. I  relaxed into the the train whistle went deeper in my sleep and within the sound and rumbling of its passing by slept soothed as I always did awaiting the train to come on those nights.

http://www.greatamericanstations.com/Stations/CLA

2 comments:

  1. I used to love riding the train from DC to Baltimore to Phillie. When I was little. I thought it was sooooo adventurous. I loved the stations, with all the hustle and busyness. I used to love the eat breakfast on the train. The scenery during the trip - outside was great, depending on the season. Spring & Fall were always the best!! Christmas could be seen for miles. The scenery on the inside intrigued me just as much. Even at a young age, I could tell the people who were riding for fun or the people who were work or tragedy driven. The sad people I would try to make smile with the biggest, cheesiest smile I could conquer them with. It worked a lot!!.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would love to travel by train. My great grandfather worked for the Canadian Railroad and I have pictures of glaciers they took in Alaska when they road across Canada. Trains seem to have a hold on me like their part of my DNA a memory of chromosomes. It is nice to think of slipping back into the industrial age and seeing the land slowly move by drinking coffee and talking to others listening to their stories. Better yet I dream of yet just hopping on trains to get away and see what is left of our Americana, Like the book , On The Road by Jack Keroac. I like how you would slip into the empath that you are an again bring joy to someone's life.

      Delete